5 Healthy Tasty Snacks

Monday, July 27, 2009
Find all your fashion, beauty, and health products @ ForeverAlluring.com | Beauty Store

The tastiest healthy snacks

What Makes a Healthy Snack?
> 200 calories or less (except the mini meals)
> 0 grams of trans fat and no more than 3.5 grams of saturated fat
> No more than 400 milligrams of sodium (except mini meals)
> No high-fructose corn syrup
> Calorie-controlled portions, whole grains, little added sugar, and extra vitamins or minerals all got special consideration

100 CALORIES OR LESS

Lindsay Garlic Seasoned Olives
(63 calories, 6 g fat per 1 oz. can)
"Eating these is a healthier way to satisfy my salt cravings than downing a bag of chips," said one tester. The pitted black olives are high in oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that may lower cholesterol and help you feel fuller. ($3 for 4)
Smashies Applesauce Snappy Apple
(50 calories, 0 g fat per 3 oz. pouch)
Made from a blend of organic apples (with no added sugar), this tangy treat is portable. Just pull it out of your gym tote, twist off the lid, and squeeze. One tester said, "Tastes like the stuff my mom makes." ($1 each)
Popchips Salt & Pepper
(100 calories, 3 g fat per 1 oz. bag)
They're not baked or fried—these potato crisps are "popped." The result: an ultra-crunchy snack with 50 percent less fat than regular chips. One tester said, "I'd definitely put these on my picnic menu." ($1 each)
Garden Lites Zucchini Portabella
(70 calories, 3 g fat per 7 oz. box)
This saucy, veggie-packed snack serves up 20 percent of the vitamin C you need in a day. One tester noted, "It looked and tasted like pasta, so I felt like I was splurging on a carb-rich dish." ($4 each)
Nesquik Chocolate Milk
(100 calories, 2 g fat per 8 oz. bottle)
Break out the bendy straw! Sweetened with sucralose, each bottle provides a third of your daily calcium. One panelist said, "I liked this so much I started drinking it as an afternoon pick-me-up—just like I did after school as a kid." ($5 for 4)


- Forever Alluring, Inc.

Find all your fashion, beauty, and health products @ ForeverAlluring.com | Beauty Store

0 comments:

Post a Comment